Monday, December 15, 2008

Metro Card Club's Perfect 10 freeroll













December 14, 2008

Guys/ Gals, you have to visit The Metro Card Club for some poker, be it for fun or for business, that is the in-place to be.

Metro Card Club's Perfect 10 freeroll is scheduled every Sunday. Registration time is 2pm, cards are on the air 5pm, on the dot.

Here goes my poker experience/ badbeat... hahahaha...

Went to Metro and registered for the freeroll around 3pm then went out for awhile.

Cards where on the air 5pm, I like these establishments/ tournaments that start on time, I just means that The Metro values our time.

As usual I arrived around an hour late... sat with just 1,925 chips left from the starting chip count of 2,500 chips. Luckily blinds started 25-50 and every level had intervals of 15minutes, so I wasn't so badly blinded out.

Although I had only around 1925 chips left, I didn't start playing right away, I passed around 8 hands (even with Ax in position) just to observe the people I would be playing with. After gaining information on what kind of players I would be dealing with, and understanding how they acted. It was showtime!!!

In late position, I was dealt KsJs on an unopened pot. Since I was already the shorted stack on the table, I declared: "Let's Go, I am ALL-IN, time to get lucky!" I was called by the blind showing AXo. Flopped gave me the flush right away and he was crippled. Lucky me! I said sorry and played on.

On the very next hand, I was dealt Pocket Kings offsuit (hahahha ... of course offsuit). I thought for awhile wether to raise or just slow play with a flat call. But since I thought that the other players would already be thinking that I was just on a high with no real cards, I announced : "Let's go one more time!!! I am ALL-in!". As expected I got 3 callers who pushed all in. Only one of them got me covered. I showed my Cowboys and one of the players told me exactly what I had thought, He said : " I thought you were just bluffing ..." I went against Pocket 10s, Ax, and QJ i think. Fourth street showed another King, busted out 2 players, semi tripled up and was now chip leader.

I didn't catch any defendable hands and was content on folding a couple of times to aggressive raises.

After sometime, I get dealt AsQs, in late position. Pre-Flop, An bored old man with average stack pushes all-in, after noticing that the players behind me didn't have anything and was on a motion to fold their hands. I just went ALL-IN one more time baby!! To my surprise, the old man shows 8d9h. The board gave me two pairs but gave him 4 running hearts to a flush.... dang.....

Hahahaha...buger that....I laughed it off, and asked him why he shoved with an 89, i was guessing it's his favorite hand. And yes, he confirmed it was his favorite hand. I told him that now he had all the more reason to keep playing his 89. Can't wait to see you on the cash tables old man.

Superstitious players, can bring in so much money. Once you know what hands they "trust". Played correctly, it's almost impossible for them to fold it even if it's not the nuts. Watch out sir, I have got you hommed in and ready to cash.

Down to around 5k in chips, with blinds rising fast. I had to start making my move now. On the cut off with an unopened pot, i decided to bluff with my offsuit rags. Dealer folds, Kalel SB thinks but ultimately folds his Ax. BB folds as well. Was thinking of showing my bluff to induce more action but decided otherwise because I can't go embarrasing my friend.

My chips haven't recovered from that bad beat when i was dealth Q10 suited on late postion with an unopend pot, since the blinds were already catching up with me... SHOVED IT! I got called with a dominated hand Qx offsuit... River ofcourse pairs his x and I was down to 800.

With 800 to go minus 100 ante, I decided to go all in blind, Kalel and another players calls. I then peeked at my cards and saw lolo's favorite hand 89 offsuit. Flop pairs my nine. Kalel outplays his opponent on fourth street leaving us heads up. I asked Kalel if he hit anything and he sadly said yes and shows me his straight.... Busted by a friend, no worries though, better a friend than anybody else.

I stayed on to watch the tournament end while also checking out how MOTO was doing on the cash tables.

On the Tournament:
With 4 players left (kalel included), there was talk of a 4-way chop. mid stack villain disagrees to it.

Kalel played a masterful game, reading the opponents right and going in with the best of it.
sadly he just kept getting sucked out on crucial hands. without those terrible badbeats at the end, he would have won it all.

Kalel out, 3 players left, a player offered to buy the share of the other 2 players, villain now chip leader still disagrees.

With 2 players left, villain now the overwhelming chip leader jokes about chopping then takes it back.

Guess who won....

Villain losses his monstrous chip lead and goes home empty handed.

Lesson of the story: CHOP CHOP!!!

On Moto's cash table:
Every body was chatty, a few bluff here and there, the usual solid play from Moto. The all of a sudden, a young lady shows and buys in for 1500 in chips. A little later, her friend buys in for 300. You could just see eyes of all the pros on the table light up. Time to reel in the fish! Moto and the others got a fair share of the fishmeal.

Do I hear a MOTO freeroll somewhere???

2 comments:

  1. Hey nice post... First time I got to read the blog.. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tnx pepesmith. glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete