Sunday, December 28, 2008

Boracay Ink

I've finally found some time to write this long overdue blog.

First off, I would personally like to thank LA CARMELA DE BORACAY for the free accommodation and wonderful service.
















You could visit there website at http://www.lacarmeladeboracay.com/index.htm
















If you guys/ gals want to see celebrities, this is the place to be. Most of them stay in this resort especially during the holidays. LA CARMELA is strategically situated where you get the best of both worlds. You've got Mother Nature upfront and civilized D'MALL on the side.
















Just as i like it, the weather was cloudy with a bit of drizzle from time to time. I prefer this weather because a sunny sky just ruins my natural tan.

I came to boracay with the intent of keeping my life simple:
1. swim
2. poker
3. eat
4. sleep
5. shop
6. get drunk and naked nottt....

Mission accomplished!!!

I came fully prepared to play online poker at the beach. I brought my handy Lenovo S10 and bought the SMARTBRO for 3G access. While shopping around, i tried to look for shops selling 3G load for tonight's online poker fest.

All of the shop owners looked at me like I was some kind of weirdo. Not until I reached my 6th store, that I overhead the store clerk murmuring why I would be needing a 3G load when there was free wifi.

Free wifi it was!!! Boracay was covered with free wifi from shore to shore which was provided by different resorts, restos and bars etc. Truly an online poker players dream.

Having secured my internet access for tonight's online games, I had freed my mind and was ready for some serious shopping.

We were walking around D'Mall when my son and niece spotted kids lining up to have to those kiddie glitter tattoos all over their body and they wanted one as well.

I 'TANKED' for a while, hahahaha, I didn't want to be raising the next Dennis Rodman but realized that this is the world we live in now. In a few years, the weirdos would be the one's without a single tattoo on them. So they started to get their tatts.





















It was not that they weren't happy with their tatts, it's just that we were already swimming, shopping the whole day and we just ate lunch. So they were a little grumpy and wanted their daily siesta time.















So we quickly wrapped up our shopping and went back to LA CARMELA to have the kids rest for a while.

On our way back to the resort, I spotted a nice clean tattoo shop and decided to check it out. Inggit ako sa mga bata eh, gusto ko din ng tattoo.

These were some on the pre designed tatts they had. Being a poker aficionado, I looked for something that had to do with the game I love. I browsed through around 1o catalogues but didn't see anything. So I just told them I would come back tomorrow with my own design.
















I came back the very next day with my own poker tattoo design, I showed it to the artist and asked if they would be able to ink it.

















This was the concept tattoo I showed the artist. Looked nice online, I hope they could ink it decently.




















I was thinking whether to have it inked to my leg or bicep.

It would be a waste to ink it on my leg because it won't be seen with my pants on. It would not look good on my biceps as well because I still have not achieved the sculpted male model body I have always dreamed about.

If dreams counted as exercise, I would have had my six pack a long long long time ago.

So I just decided to have it on my forearm, that way, it could be seen every time I played live poker.





















I had the skull (inside the spade) replaced with our groups initial BPC which stood for Breakfast Poker Club.

For all those wondering how we came up with that name, here is how it goes.

Our group played pusoydos every saturday when we chanced upon a new show called World Poker Tour. And to cut the long story short, we saw Gus Hansen and that was it for pusoydos. No Limit Holdem Poker rules!!!

We started playing Saturday evenings around 8pm, ended 6am sunday mornings and had breakfast together. BPC was born!

















Our 'hardwork' started paying off around 2007 when we started winning all sorts of online tournaments. We kept selling most of the free seats and only played the non-transferable seats. Because of the string of online wins, we thought of updating BPC from Breakfast Poker Club to Breakfast Poker Champions. But decided to defer it until the time we win some major live tournaments.


















This is me showing off my tattoo and bubble scuplted body along the shores of Bora.

Now that I have my bodyart, time to convince or force the rest of the BPC have it as well.
















By the way, for all those going to boracay and want to play live poker games. I have discovered some underground games.

No comments:

Post a Comment